The objectives of the AML/CFT regime are to prevent and to detect
- the laundering of the proceeds of criminal activity;
- the financial support of terrorism.
The AML/CFT regime is a complex and multidisciplinary system that inter alia
- the international and European standards and legislation of the Financial Action
Task Force (FATF), United Nations (UN), Council of Europe and European Union
- the legislation and other rules on national level;
- the tasks and procedures of the authorities in charge of combating money laundering
and terrorism financing;
- the activities of financial service providers and designated non-financial
businesses and professions;
- the criminal investigations, administrative cases and operational, strategic
analyses emerging in the AML/CFT sphere (in particular those cases that have
impact on the jurisprudence in the area of AML/CFT).